Faughnan Home | Contact
Info | Site Contents | Search
Rev: 01 Sep 2008.
This page outlines site additions, ordered by month. Minor revisions are not noted
here. Most work after 8/03 has moved to pseudonymous venues.
- migrated to DreamHost
- integrating Google Apps to faughnan.com domain so I can start to edit some pages without
- 7 months after her adoption, Kateva finally debuts on the homepage.
- The site is otherwise quiet, with a few updates to the most popular pages. I blog very
actively, but some of that is pseudonymous. My life is exceedingly full, overflowing even
more than than the historic norm.
- Molly, the iconic image for my home page since its first inauguration, dies.
- Changed search screen from Google to Yahoo. Here's why.
- As of 9/28/2000 activity on this site has moved to www.faughnan.com.
Prior to this time my site lived for about 6 years at the University of Minnesota's Health
Informatics program. During that time the address was variably known as
dragon.labmed.umn.edu/~john or www.labmed.umn.edu/~john or www.hinf.umn.edu/~john.
- Audio CD Production from Tape -- Personal Notes
- turned reengineering notes into Management and Related
- major reorganization and clean-up of table of contents, abandoned the snippets project.
- expanding use of style sheets
- FrontPage FrontPage material updated.
- Medical Notes, esp ortho, extensively revised
- Internet Tutorials revised with addition of an IE 4
- Revisions and updates. FP Starter Bookmarks renamed FP Web Starter to clarify its use.
- Medical Notes extended with AvantGo pages, Palm
compatibility, continued fixes.
- Slide Index
- Web/Net presentation for West Virginia University FP Residents
- Update various pages.
- Revisions, especially to spam and campaign finance reform.
- Extensive revisions and additions to Internet Tutorials
for a custom Allina Medical Group tutorial.
July- Sept 1997
- Internet Medical Record: A Tutorial and Web Resource. A tutorial and set of web
resources on the Internet Medical Record, prepared originally for the Medical Record
Institute's Towards the Electronic Patient Record meeting of 1997. http://www.faughnan.com/imr/index.html
allow one to quickly create a web based presentation. Could be modified for use with IE.
(Files in this directory can be browsed.) http://www.faughnan.com/slides/readme.html
- More Snippets: Structured web pagelets for the dissemination of personal experience. http://www.faughnan.com/snippets/index.html.
- Alternative Medicine: A View from Scientific Medicine. A critique of herbal remedies,
and a description of the scientific heritage of modern western (allopathic) medicine. http://www.faughnan.com/papers/altmed.html.
These updates can be found through the "papers" section of my web page.
- Aug 17, 1995: I'd put up the 'footnotes' page, so site was already at least 3-6 months
old by then. Hosted by the Health Informatics department of the University of Minnesota,
where I was studying at the time.
- Start of web site, lost in mists of time - probably Jan/Feb 1995.
Author: John G. Faughnan. The
views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. Pages are
updated on an irregular schedule; suggestions/fixes are welcome but they may take weeks to
years to be incorporated. Anyone may freely link to anything on this site
and print any page; no permission is needed for citing, linking, printing, or
distributing printed copies.