Faughnan Home | FP
Web Starter | Contact Info | Glossaries and Links | Site
This web page is one of a set created for a workshop on web application development in
academic family medicine. The workshop is to be presented April 30, 1996 at the annual
meeting of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. Presenters are Robert Elson M.D. and John G. Faughnan M.D.
This set of web pages is organized so that each page addresses a particular topic.
Table of Contents
- Outline of Workshop
- Forms and a Mail CGI
- Examples from a web application (conference program submission), including a Perl CGI.
- Web-Database Architecture
- How does it all work? Browser, server, middleware and data in the webbed world.
- Web-Database: WebStar, WEB FM, and FileMaker Pro
- A simple web-database example (lab)
- Definitions of key terms.
- References and Hot-Links
- Includes list of tools used in workshop.
Author: John G. Faughnan.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. Pages
are updated on an irregular schedule; suggestions/fixes are welcome but they may take
weeks to months to be incorporated. I reserve copyright except where noted, if you want to
repost or quote a page just ask. Anyone may freely link to anything on this
site and print any page; no permission is needed for linking, printing, or
distributing printed copies.